Pages

Contributors

Thursday 16 August 2012

Moving to Moncloa...

Having given some more thought to where I might like to live during the year, I'm thinking of living more centrally in Madrid. I've emailed the assistant from last year, and she also recommended living in Moncloa, (central Madrid) rather than the town, because there is more to do, more young people etc. I had thought that transport would be expensive, but I might be able to fit the twelve hours I'll be working to just three days a week and it's even possible that student finance will reimburse travel costs, but I'm not sure. I also emailed the Madrid church plant leader and it turns out he and his family live in Moncloa, so that's really cool! I'm really looking forward to getting involved in a church out there, and just getting immersed in the crazy Spanish culture, and I think living in Moncloa is probably going to be the optimum place of opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire! I'm also doing my language assistantship this year but I've been assigned to Barcelona! Ill be checking up on your blog throughout the year! I'm looking forward to following your adventures!!

    Adele

    ReplyDelete