Pages

Contributors

Tuesday 5 February 2013

One thing remains

I was just listening to One thing remains by Jesus Culture. I think way back before I knew I was coming to Madrid I was listening to it and like just found a lot a peace being reminded that whatever happens, God is with me. And actually like wherever I go, I'm never alone. I was actually just reading a post I wrote back in November and found it almost funny how much of the same situation I am in, and yet I forget what is really important, and get so caught up in how much of a conversation I couldn't understand, or how much of my YARP I haven't written, to realise that life is pretty cool, God is faithful, and it's all going to be okay. I'm probably going to get an alright mark in my dissertation. I'm almost certainly going to be better at Spanish in June than I am now. It's all good. I just need to work hard, and rest in the fact that God's got it sorted. And if I think about it, there are loads of cool things about my year abroad anyway, such as enjoying my job as a teaching assistant, and having made some good friends, and being part of a church plant, and living in a capital city, and experiencing a different culture, and many more things I am sure.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've only just realised you're following my blog, and as soon as I'm not on my phone, I'll return the favour! It's been such a great encouragement to read your posts and your reminders about how great God is and how He never leaves us - even when our university degrees send us far away from home! I pray the rest of your time in Madrid continues to be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete